“Several months ago, the Pittsburg Police Officer’s Association was introduced to Janell Proctor who indicated she was running for California State Assembly, District 14. Ms. Proctor showed empathy and compassion for the tough challenges currently facing public safety. Unlike many current political candidates, Ms. Proctor stated that before she could formulate effective solutions to these complicated issues, she needed to fully understand a policing perspective. Ms. Proctor spent countless hours on multiple occasions engaging our association in dialogue for positive change. Ms. Proctor participated in ride-a-longs where she eagerly engaged our officers about important topics such as departmental and community relations, our current homelessness crisis, mental health awareness and de-escalation options. In a time where many politicians are selling solutions absent of a sincere investment towards first fully understanding the problem, Ms. Proctor stood alone in her approach. The Pittsburg Police Officer’s Association firmly believes that through her hard work, genuine dialogue and a logical approach Janell Proctor is exactly the leadership that our community needs in these unprecedented times. We are truly honored to provide our endorsement to her candidacy and fully support her compassionate approach towards supporting our community.”
Pittsburg Police Officer’s Association
“I cannot sit idly by watching my beautiful district and state go to the wayside. I’m daring to dance in this competition for your liberty and freedom. I am willing to be in the spotlight, so that your future will be bright for generations to come.”
2020 California Statewide Candidate Forum
TV Fusion Latina
Douglas Lezameta Jr.
A Chat with Janell Proctor
Contra Costa Today
March 2020 Election Round Table
Contra Costa Television
CA Assembly Dist 14
Bob Butler – KCBS Radio
March 2020 Candidates
Official Ballot Statement
As your Assemblywoman, I will:
- Repeal AB5. I want to give free-lance and gig-economy workers a chance to provide for themselves and their families. The fight to repeal AB5 is personal on two fronts: I saved and sacrificed to put myself through school by working as an independent sales contractor, and I was a ballerina for many years. Workers in these industries are being threatened by the overreaching nature of AB5. I will do everything in my power to ensure it is repealed.
- Deliver creative solutions to safely re-open schools and small businesses, when deemed medically appropriate, so they can thrive amid COVID-19.
- Repeal the gas tax. As a fellow commuter, I understand the need for affordable and reliable transportation methods for all my constituents.
- Keep Communities Safe by supporting secured funding, training, and common-sense solutions for our heroic Public Safety and emergency first responders.
- Cultivate ingenuity by modernizing infrastructure to prevent power outages and fires.
- Support Veterans by passionately advocating for quality mental health & career resources. I firmly believe in giving back to those who are willing to give their all for our great country.
As citizens, it is time to reclaim our inalienable rights and liberties.
The current super majority has resulted in excruciatingly high taxes, high cost of living, and violations of our constitutional rights.